The Webb City Public Library is proud to announce that we have joined the Missouri Libraries 2 Go Consortium powered by OverDrive. This brings 15,000 digital titles to our patrons in a more user friendly format. To get started click here.
The driving force behind the establishment of a free, public library in Webb City, Missouri, was a women's group called the Civic Improvement Association of Webb City. In 1910, the group approached the Carnegie Foundation to request a library grant. Their efforts were rewarded with a $25,000 grant. A lot was purchased, and a tax levy was passed to support and maintain the library. Grant Miller of Chicago, who had designed a number of other Carnegie libraries, was hired as architect. The building was designed in the Richardson Romanesque style and built of Carthage stone. Oak and stained glass decorate the building. Officially opened on 1 January 1915, the Carnegie building is still home to the Webb City library.